Search This Blog

Friday, February 11, 2011

Calendar Girls Debut ! Hurrah~~


*Click on any picture to enlarge*
Note: my camera has been  acting out lately :o(
...the horizontal  and vertical lines you can see in most
of the pictures here, are actually NOT on the card itself!!
 Well, truth is the debut of the new Calendar Girls bloggers' group happened last January 28th...yes I am a bit tardy with my card but ,as the saying goes...it is always better later than never, n'est pas? :o)

soooooo...Who are the Calendar Girls? you , the readers may ask
Well...we are a group of avid stampers/card makers /bloggers who have known each other for a couple years now ,via the wonderful web world. Jeanette is the creator of this wonderful idea. Each of us partecipants has a month assigned ,to host and challenge the rest of us. I chose to represent the month of September , thus I am now Miss September in our Calendar Girls group :o)
Here's the site with much more informations about this awesome group of creative gals
and what we are all about:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/blogging-groups-f290/calendar-girls-blog-group-full-10-members-t512917.html

Miss January, aka Jeanette, led us all into our very first challenge which was to :
1* Create a card (or anything but a card) that reflects our chosen month,in my case September.
2* Use our favorite embellishment on our creation.
3*Use our newest papercrafting tool/toy in making our creation (but it cannot be something 
 purchased specifically for this challenge.)


Naturally, I wanted to implement an autumn
'feeling' to my card with the beautiful colors of fall, plus -here where I live- schools reopen their doors at the beginning of September, and of course I wanted to incorporate that into my card too,especially when I realized I had the perfect WS image of a very cute lil school house  that looks great to represent my month ,since I work in the Educational field .  *Thank you Jeanette*  that image was part of several WS you gifted me a while ago :o) As far as my favorite
embellishment, mmmmm...tough to narrow it down to just one!.. I have to say that I have at least three favorites: glitter of course! lol.. rhinetones jewels, ribbons ,pearls, buttons...opsss.. six favorites! LOL :o)
As you can see, this type of cards doesn't really call for glittery items, as they would be out of place here, therefore I opted for lovely ribbons...a few strips of different textures,width and depth.Most of them I tied up on powder-embossed paper clip -another of my favorite accessories that I actually haven't used in a while...should remedy that :o)
As far as my latest tool, I had a few I could chose from. My new awesome Cricut , which I call
'Pinky' was the most likely contender..and yes, my friends lovingly nudged me to use it.... well I
finally did..lol...You see...in my mind I had the card all layed out :could see apple trees ,some frolicking children and a school bus too on it. Problem was, and still is, that I REALLY do not know how to use 'Pinky'   properly yet!( All I accomplished  to do was wasting some good cardstock... but, hey, at least I DID try (Jeanette! lol wink*) Once I get the 'feel for it'...watch out....lol

 







Instead, I choose to use two out of the five brand new Spellbinders I recently purchased. I sooo {heart} them!!:o)
Admittedly, I really like how the whole package
turned out. Take a glimpse of the inside of the card too...Do you think it 'spells' September? :o)


Close up of the inside sentiment above...
I owned both inside and outside sentiments stamps
 for over two years, and still new- luckily they are now both blessfully 'christened' in ink...hallelhuja :o)
Perfect addition for this card, don't you agree?
Here are a few details :card's tridimentional thickness and distressing on my left,and on the right, a close up of the ribbons accessorized top corner
looped over my paper clip previously embossed w/dark green embossing powder...another tecnique I tried a few yrs back which works wonders with small metal objects.
Thanks for your visit! Come again soon... and remember :we Calendar Girls will have a new month to showcase on February 28th...
Another fabulous challenge ahead with Kelly (Miss February) at the helm...You sure won't want to miss what she's challenging us with! 
I promise it will be quite dazzling ! :o)
Do stay tuned ...*wink*


ohh ,and you must know that
comments are ALWAYS appreciated!! :o) Leave a
sign of your visit, will ya?? *wink*



Have a wonderful , inking week end ya all!!  ~*God Bless*~

Card Deets:
Card Stock:Really Rust/More Mustard
Designer Paper: double sided 'Bountiful' by Creative Memory
Stamps: Teachabella (by Stamping Bella), WS lil school image (txs Jeanette),
Heart and Home (SU 2003), School Set (SU 1993), outside sentiment = no name (?) ,
Inkadinkado 6715-N Kathy Davis Collection (inside sent.)
Inks:Archival Onix Black, Crushed Curry,Soft Suede,Mellow Moss,Kiwii Kiss,Pumpkin Pie,
Soft Sky,Baja Breeze; Spectrum ink pad: Pumpkin Patch , SU markers.
Accessories: green embossing powder,corner punch, distressing tool, 3D adhesive, ribbons variety,
Spellbinders: Lacey Circles, Wonky Squares and...introducing 'Pinky' too :o)
Tecnique: sponging, layering, distressing.

********************************************************
Entered this card in the following challenges:
 DYSU 'Ribbon' challenge:
http://doyoustackup.blogspot.com/2011/02/challenge-6-ribbon.html 
Little Claire's 'Anything Goes' challenge: http://littleclairesdesigns.blogspot.com/
Craft your Passion 'Anything Goes' challenge:  http://www.craftyourpassionchallenges.blogspot.com/
Stamping With The Dragon 'Anything Goes'challenge: http://stampingwithdragon.blogspot.com/
Craft Us Crazy 'Anything Goes'    http://craftuscrazy.blogspot.com/
ABC challenge 'N is for Nesties' http://abc-challenge.blogspot.com/
Alphabet challenge 'O is for Orange'  http://alphabetchallengeblog.blogspot.com/
Delighful Challenges'GetPunchy'        http://delightfulsketches.blogspot.com/

********************************************************

20 comments:

:: BlueInks :: said...

Oh Ms P. This was worth the short wait!!!! You did an outstanding job. I just love how you colored the school and children. Way to go!

WencheP said...

Very cool card. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Miranda said...

gorgeous card Paola, those images are just adorable, and you have a lot of nice details on your card
thanks for joining us at the DYSU challenge this week

hugs
Miranda

*Susan* said...

Oh Temptress, how appropriate that you - Teacher Extraordinaire - are Miss September!! And your creation is just fabulous! The colors, the images, and the distressed feel are wonderful. I love your ribbon clip detail and how you cut the sentiment into separate pieces. Oh, and I am totally drooling over your Nesties haul!! Love ya! {hug}

Carol W said...

Wow Sweet P...this is an absolutely perfect card for your month of Sept...(but secretly I thought you may do a pin-up...lol) I am impressed and I thing I would be intimidated by Pinky too....I am sure you will have her initiated really soon...Great job.

T.. said...

uao!! che carino!!
e brava!! stai meglio?

Imke said...

Hi Paola, your card looks fabulous. All these little details- love it and perfect colors for September !!

Janna Werner said...

Hey Paola! What a gorgeous card. So detailled, lovely! Thanks so much for joining us this week at DYSU! Janna

Unknown said...

HI Paola, that is a great card!! I love all the details and the colours too!! Thank you for joining the 1st Craft Us Crazy Challenge. Hope to see you again. Hugs, Frea

MiamiKel said...

Oh my ginormous stars! I step away from blogging for a day and ccome back to see this dazzler! WOW! It has so many details, my head is spinning! I keep looking over and over it to take it all in - this is over the top fabulous with all the details and colors! Truly you are a shining star to many of your students and share the world with your teachings and kindness and wonderment -- FABULOUS start to the Calendar Girls! x0xo

Suzanne said...

Fabulous card Paola. I love all the details.
Thanks for joining us for the ABC challenge, unfortunately you left your link in the Neutrals challenge. But your card is fab for the Nesties challenge - last week.
Hugs Sue x

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh my goodness........... Sweet P, this card is absolutely amazing! I love every single detail you put into it. I give you an A+++ Outstanding!!!

I had to geeeeegle when you spoke about Pinky! hmmm... soon you'll be using it like a pro, too.

I ♥ you, my friend!

Tamara Morton said...

Amazing card, I love all the details just sweet.

Thank you for joining in at Alphabet challenge this week
hugs
Tamara

~Jeri~ said...

Beautiful card! You'll love your expression once you start using it! I've had mine for quite a few years now and its a great machine to have on hand! Love the nesties too though, I have a weakness for those too lol

Thanks for joining us at Craft Us Crazy and hope to see you joining us again!

shaz earl said...

Fabulous card thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge this week.

Unknown said...

what a great idea

kitten DYSU team

Catherine said...

Hey Sweet P!
Thanks for your super sweet comment and shout/bark out to Charlie & Cyrus! ((((HUGS)))))
I am just about drooling over this fantabulous creation! Love the distressing and all the fab embellies! What a work of heart! (Glad to see you are having fun with all of your new toys!)
I also left you an award on my blog today, if you would like to play along.
Love ya mucho,
Catherine

Darlene said...

Great Card Sweet P!! Just love the sentiment, the layers, the accents, the coloring and all the details! So adorable.

Ms. Earlgrey said...

Paola,
Your card is FANTASTIC, your creativity is outstanding and I see so much love in your card.

love it.

Joan

Anonymous said...

Beyond cute card. Thanks for joining us at Stamping With The Dragon.
Hugs,
Beth