Search This Blog

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Calendar Girls *MAY* Challenge

Click on any pictures if you wish to enlarge

Hello everyone and welcome to the Calendar Girls'                          monthly Challenge!!   :o)             My on-line stamping friend Barb, was the awesome hostess for the month of May. She challenged all of us to 'shape up'! lol...
This is how she put it,in her own words:
 " ....Let’s Shape Up. No—not running, biking, weights, but cards that have a different shape.
So, your May card is to be a Shutter Card, Side Step Card, Gate Fold, Easel Card, Joy Fold, Criss Cross, etc. Any shape works—but to be true to the challenges we have had in the past—try a new shape that you have not used recently or really take a leap and try a design that you have never done before! The theme of the card can be for any event that happens before posting our next Challenge ..."

**with this in mind I decided to case this beautiful card fold I fell in love with at first sight :
As soon as I read Barb's challenge, I knew this above was the new fold I was going to attemp to make for my sweet, sweet Mamma to give her for Mother's Day .
I have no idea what this fold is called...I am counting on some of my stamping friends to come up with its right name...lol....*Thanks in advance!*
To it, I added my own touch by embossing the front side flap ,using my alltime favorite colors, and added an extra heart fold to the mix. Once done, I made a large matching envelope from the beautiful SU designer paper I used (Bella Rose)
Voila' this is my result, I must admit I really like it,and was very pleased that my Mom loved it
very much. Hope you will enjoy my photos for this fun fold card to make,on which I used  'Element of Style' stamping set from SU.


        



My beautiful and sweet Mom, 84 years young










 Barb this was a GREAT challenge..and, admittedly,it was really hard for me not to post this card right after Mother's Day!




Thanks for the lil nudge to 'shape up!'...at least with paper and such.....:o)Thank you all who visited, your comments are very valuable to me...

God's Bless you all  my Friends!              

                        *Paola*



   Calendar Girls :

9 comments:

Lauren said...

Paola, this is just stunning, love the colours and the embossed details. Very nice fold, I must try this one.

Carol W said...

Whoowhee...what a great card Sweet P...I love, love, love it. You did an amazing job and your dear sweet mom looks so happy...(and she is beautiful as well). The card is perfect just like a wonderful package all wrapped up...it is STUNNING....great job my friend.....♥♥♥

Barb said...

WOWWIE--ZOWWIE! What an incredible card.

This card is so pretty and I love the colors and the embossing and is just perfect for you mom. Yo sure can tell that she loves it too. Thanks for making such a sweet creation for this months challenge!

MiamiKel said...

Oh. My. Stars. I'm just teary eyed at this picture of your mom with your sweet, sweet card made just for her from her baby girl - what a smile! She is a beautiful "young" lady and I know she just treasures all the special made cards you and the gbabies make for her - thanks so much for including her in your blessed post!

And your card - EEEEK! Sheer perfection!! What a GORGEOUS choice of paper - I have one pack of this left and am hoarding it as the day is long, lol!! So wonderful you used her fave dsp for this card (hey, great fold! TEE HEE!) Thanks for the wee shout out, glad to inspire - that's the wonder of crafting, seeing something and just putting your own lil sweet p touches on it and making it all your own!

Most awesome post - you have done Barb proud with this beauty, and it makes me smile all over just re-reading it and seeing mum :)

Love you muchly! x0x0

:: BlueInks :: said...

YOUR MOM IS SO CUTE!!!!! I wanna hug her! The card you created is exceptional. The colors, folds, details, they are all perfect. You certainly outdid yourself. Great job!

April said...

What a sweet card. I agree with Tami, just wanna hug Mom!!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Wow!!! What a stunning card; love the fold and the rich beautiful colors! Such a masterpiece!!!!!!! I also love that you shared a picture of your mom with us! She is has a gorgeous smile and exudes joy!

dweatter said...

Well uh, YES!!! You totally outdid yourself. OMgoodness what a beautiful card. I love this fold and all your personal touches. It's just beautiful and so is your mother. I cannot believe she is 84...she looks fabulous!!!

kadie said...

This creation is STUNNING!!! And I'm sure was a cherished gift by your Mum. She's beautiful, btw...just like you, Dearie!!

P.S. thanks for inspiring me to get out this beautiful dsp, I've been hoarding it. :)