Search This Blog

Sunday, May 15, 2011

May *D*D*D*


*Click on any of the pictures if you wish to enlarge*
Wow!!..it's has been two whole weeks since my last post!!!yikesss... :o(
I better correct that right now!~ LOL.
Ya all know what day it is, right?? It's the 15th of the month, the usual 'blog-get-together'
of the triple *D*'s (Dueling Darling Dazzlers/or Divas)

See here for details, if you are a new follower and have no idea what I am talking about...LOL *wink*
http://paola-sama.blogspot.com/2010/10/its-duelling-darlings-timeo.html

The darling,wonderful gals who hosted the awesome theme for this month are : Debbie (for the Dazzlers)
and Carol (for the Divas) Putting their heads together they came up with a super idea that incorporates the love of Starbucks coffees  that both our Dueling Darlings head leaders *Jeanette and Kelly*  love so much...(I would even venture to say that one of them is absolutly addicted to SB...but I will never utter a word WHO that gal is!!....LOL)..truth be known many of us 'Darlings' love SB probably just as much...
and will seek any opportunity to enjoy a wonderful cup-o-java  treat :o)

The theme is : "The Perfect Blend".....very appropriate in so, so many ways, not just about coffee addictions or preferences...in fact,part of
the theme is to give a *shout out* to our wonderful group leaders. For us dazzlers, the amazing person at the helm is Jeanette, who is ALWAYS,and I mean ALWAYS, ready and willing to help out in any which way pssible...weather we need a kind ,soothing word of encouragment or a crafting tip. I cannot count how many times she aided me and guided me throughout some challenging 'technical' times,especially when I started my blog...


 Jeanette
What to say in just a few words,about
this wonderful, gifted, compassionate on line friend of mine?
Perhaps by trying to describe a small part of the big character that she truly is, by making a
simple acrostic:






J - jovial
E - enthusiastic
A - altruistic
N- nurturing
E - efficient
T - talented
T - trustworthy
E - eloquent


Aptly, the meaning of her name  is :"GOD IS GRACIOUS "!

Last but certainly not least,
THANK YOU so much Debbie for the fantastic kit sent.
I truly enjoyed creating this card with a blend of
great items and d/p..look at the coffee one, realistic eh!
(and yes I added a REAL espresso bean to my card ) :o)

KIT received:
Images: Whipper Snapper Hot Java Divas, Stampin' UP! Cup, and Fiskars Latte Love (sentiment)
Designer Paper: Die Cuts with a View Friends Cream and Paper Pizzazz Yummy Coffee Beans
Embellishments: Buttons, Twill, and a real Starbucks Coffee Stirrer

I added the following items:
*bazzil tan c/s, vanilla c/s
*ink: river rock and close to cocoa (for sponging)
*image colored with deluxe coloring chalks
*Accessories: crystal effect on mouths,shades,coffee cups, bean,
MM copper paint effect (used on stirrer),punch, label ten nestie, prima
flowers and real espresso bean (my own signature  mark on every 'coffee card' I make )



 Please check all the other amazing creations by:



DAZZLERS
 Jeanette  April Debbie Melina Michelle  Terry Darlene Paola <---you are here

DIVAS
Barb Carol Jamie Joan Judy Kelly Laura Jean Tami
I am so grateful to ALL the wonderful Dueling Darlings...
without your partecipation and creative monthly contributions
there would be NO BLEND!!!
Thanks for stopping by my darling friends
Wishing ya all a blessed day
Paola

18 comments:

Rosetta said...

Buon giorno mia cara, un abbraccione a te e famiglia.
Mandi

T.. said...

che bello!! hai ragione sembra proprio realistico!!
Bravissime siete proprio brave brave!!
Kiss!

Carol W said...

OUTSTANDING CARD AND POST....Big "O" for you girlfriend..You are so inspiring yourself...I am so very grateful to you for leading me into the fold of amazing talented friends.. I love your description of Jeanette and how you took her name and so truly captured Jeanette in each word..just wonderful..now on to the card...You are rocking this challenge. I love your coloring and the way you used the stir stick. How clever to top it with a coffee bean...is that a real coffee bean in the center of the flower??? sooooooo cute. You have outdone yourself in the execution of this masterpiece...well done my friend...well done.♥♥♥

Darlene said...

Sweet P, what a DARLING card!! Your coloring is perfect, very clever adding that real coffee bean! This card kit was so great and you created a card with your typical flair! I love it!! And, yes, your acrostic describes our dear J to a T!!
Hugs my dear!

dweatter said...

What an OUTSTANDING CARD! You are so talented. WOW...painting the stir stick...HOW CLEVER!!! Love the real espresso beans! And your tribute to our fearless leader...is absolutely spot on! Wonderful job Sweet P.

Jamie Sanchez said...

Sweet Pea, I just do not even know what to say about your card. Each one I look at just keeps getting better and better. lol.

Love the detail on your card. So so beautiful!

April said...

What a wonderful acrostic! Our Jeanette is "da bomb"' don't you think?

Barb said...

Paola--your post puts a huge smile on my face--your card is incredible. You rocked the colors and the image and the layout is perfect. Your "tribute" to Jeanette is outstanding--love all of it!

Terry Ladwig said...

What a great card WPSistah!! Your work is always amazing and so very detailed! There is so much going on and it all works great together! I absolutely love it!!!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh my goodness... Sweet P, your card is stunning. Your creativity is amazing (who else would have thought to add a real espresso bean to her card, paint a coffee stir stick, and use all the kit items so cleverly, too)... and since yours is the first DDD post I've checked out, you've brought me to tears with your kind words and the surprise you DDD's knew that Kelly and I didn't. My friend, you are always so sweet and make me feel so loved! Thank you!!!

Oh, and in case you're wondering, I'm sipping a Starbucks as I check the blogs. ;)

Lorie said...

What a gorgeous creation, Sweet P.! Your card is simply stunning, and adding that real espresso bean is just brilliant! You totally rocked this challenge as always!

Love ya,
Lorie

:: BlueInks :: said...

What a creative card you made! I love the bean at the center of the flower. All the elements came together so well. Great job!

Nancy said...

Great card :)

MiamiKel said...

Holy shrimp, Sweet P! You have totally blown me away with your awesome creation and this most poignant and glowing post! I think you are quite possibly the new prez of the Jeanette fan club, lol! I agree, totally outstanding and over the top creative with all the touches and elements and deets - mostly I am LOVIN' (and borrowing!) your comment about the DDD's being the perfect blend - perfect! Love you muchly! x0x0

kadie said...

Love this card, Paola! The combination of papers and stamp and embies is perfection! You always inspire me, my friend!

Lauren said...

Outstanding card Paola!!! Love it!! Great use of the kit, love the embellies, the paper and sentiments. You inspire me!!!

Imke said...

Awesome card, Paola. I like the coffee beans DP, the layout and your coloring is fantastic !!

Melina said...

How cute! I love your layout and the way you used the border punches :)