Search This Blog

Sunday, May 29, 2011

MAY S'Hood Challenge

Well, this is my SECOND attempt at posting today....
My first one disappeared right in front of my eyes just before I was ready to press the 'publish post' button!!
I was deleting one of the pictures but ,instead, the WHOLE post went along too!!  :o(
CAN YOU SAY FRUSTRATING!???????? *arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh*
Ok, took  a couple hrs to chillax a bit,while starting to work on  anew swap and now willing to re-write the wholeeeeeeeeeeee post----AGAIN! *Yikesss!...LOL* 'Nough with whining and venting...eheheh

* Click on any picture if you wish to enlarge*
 
~~*Hello my dear followers and stamping friends,
This month my darling friend Fay is the hostess for the Sisterhood Of The Travelling Cards (SOTC)
I was so blessed to have met Fay in real life when she visited me a couple times last year...She's so funny and witty and always wears a great smile on her face, no matter what.
So glad for this new friendship! ~~~~~*Love ya Fay and hope to see you again, soon* :o)

In her own words, this is what Fay requested us to create for this month's challenge:
"...We've done teen boy cards, now it's time for a round of Manly Men Cards! Since Father's Day is fastly approaching, let's create some great "Man" cards for the men in our lives...Friends, Husbands, Fathers, Grandfathers, Uncles...any Man in mind. And it doesn't have to be a Father's Day card, it can be an any occassion "Man" card


For starter, I really wanted to use 'On The Line' stamp set from SU, for my 'Man' cards. I had it for quite awhile, still unmounted and lonely and in dire need to be inked....and so I did. I also checked on SCS gallery on how to put this stamp to better use and voila'!...Came across one of Michelle Zindorf''s cards and the rest is history..lol...Michelle is such an AWESOME inspiration to me..she can make every card look 'easy' to do...(yeah ,right...she's DA master..I am a mere beginner...LOL)
Michelle also has many wonderful tutorials available on her fabulous blog and that's exactly what  I decided to do. I followed her on-line step-by-step instructions to make this card.  You can see how here:

http://zindorf.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/2008/08/20/catching-47-tutorial-105/

The only thing I change on my cards are the fisherman's colors (SU markers) and I had to switch
Not Quite Navy SU inkpad with Buckaroo Blue since I don't have the first one amongst my inks supply.
I also didn't insert the photo corners on these cards (alhough I did on my very first card attempt which I will post last)
I made a mistake,sort of...I cut around the right side of the 'hook' that 'caught' the front  sentiment ; I wanted to loop the twine around it when, instead, I could have easily done same idea by using a simple glue dot attached to the twine. Oh man!!  DUH! ....why didn't I think of that BEFORE? LOL ...Live and  Learn (the hard way) :o)



Both MS and/or SU designer paper were used here to embellish the inside of the cards . I also added white c/stock nesties cut out and stamped lines from 'Autumn Leaves' Creatology set. Left it void of sentiments to allow the recipients to add their own choice for whichever Man occasions they see fit.


Because I made 5.5" x 5.5" cards and had no
envelopes that size available at hand ,I decided to use some of the masculine 12x12 paper stack I had , and improvised my own by cutting d/p down to 8.5" x 8.5". Admittedly, I sucked big time at this. I don;t think there is a PERFECT square one in  the midst,lol...but hey..I did try!!:o) Added a lil tag
for name and/or address on top and tucked in my cards ready to go postal to Fay on Tuesday.





    --------------->
This one on my right is the FIRST attempt, my 'try out' card. Here, I  did use the photo corners as well, just like in the tutorial.

I hope you enjoyed this post...I'd love to read your opinions and /or suggestions......
If you liked this tecnique too, I suggest you try it as well...so many choices of  great tutorials on Michelle's inspiring blog , you can't go wrong from trying...and it is truly a lot of FUN!

      Have a great Sunday evening

~*God Bless Everyone!!*~

                    Paola

12 comments:

Terry Ladwig said...

Wow...wow...wow....that is very cool! I have that stamp set and I must say that I may just case your case :-) My dad is huge on fishing, and that's being modest! He is retired, and has been getting the boat ready for weeks....and it's not even warm yet! He would LOVE this card ☺

Your work is awesome....and you are too!! ♥ and hugs to you!!!

Darlene said...

Sweet P, this card is fantastic! Sorry to read that it gave you such fits to post here, but it's worth it for all of us! Terry is so right, your work is awesome, and this card proves it! Thanks for sharing with us.

Carol W said...

WOW, WOW, WOW....I'm so glad you didn't give up and not post or worse yet not do this amazing card at all....What a wonderful, outstanding job you did with it as well....It is absolutely stunning....well done my friend....♥♥♥

Mary Giles said...

OMG! Paola these are just breath taking! I love Zindorf's work and you definitely did her proud. The whole scene you create is just WOW!!! I can just smell the the outdoors with the cool lake water on my toes. Fabulous!

Let's see if the comments thing works this time.

Barb said...

Awesome, Awesome, Awesome Card Paola! I took Michelle's class last fall and got to play with that brayer!

Fabipasticcio said...

I do love your cards Paola! You're a true artist!
:-***

Anonymous said...

Paola - this is just amazing! I absolutely love the color - stunning! Such a neat scene you've created and it definitely screams "guy"! Perfection!

Jamie Sanchez said...

WoW! Sweet P! Great color, great image... great everything!!! Awesome.. some man will be very glad to get one of these. :D

:: BlueInks :: said...

Super job! I really like the card. That stamp set is just perfect. I think the envies turned out good too - don't be too hard on yourself! Winners for sure.

kadie said...

Oh, Sweet P, this is STUNNING and so perfect for the theme!! Fantastic watercoloring work...it's outstanding. I LOVE THIS CARD!!

Gael said...

Beautiful! Your background, your shading... everything is wonderful!

Lauren said...

Wowsers Sweet P, you are a true artist. Love the card, just perfect. Love the brayer work, and the images. And Love Love Love the envies!!! Everything perfect!!