Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Butterflies Everywhere swap

*Click on any pictures if you wish to enlarge*
I partecipated in a wonderful 'butterflies' swap, hosted by Linda H.
This swap had my heart flutter right from the start, as soon as I read the reason behind its title...
I sure could not pass the opportunity to partecipate in it. I never wanted to partecipate on a swap as much as I wanted to partecipate in this one, and the motif will came clear soon as you read on...

From Linda's own words:Butterflies Everywhere
In memory of my son Jared, born 16 weeks premature.
He was so beautiful and precious but was only with us a short time, just like a butterfly

My heart totally wanted to hug her for doing this in ode of her baby son.
I so undestand the reasoning behind it and what better way than to show your creativity and dedicate it to a couple of angels in Heaven?
I purposedly said a couple of them, because we have our own little 'butterfly' in Heaven too, and I'd like to think that my two days old (first grandson) Alexander , along with Linda's  little Jared, would soar and flutter as quietly and beautifully as butterflies in the wonderful peacefulness of  the Heavens  above us.... This visual  image really gifts me with inner peace and serenity.....
                                    God Bless all the Heavenly Children

For my card I really wanted to show something delicate yet sturdy, fragile yet strong, with color hues as the everchanging sky above us ,and
abundant flowers representing  the nectar of life.
And definetly I wanted my card to be pretty and a bit glittery too, but without being overly done.
Lastly I wanted it to be unique and to stand out...
Hopefully I achieved all that.

Thank YOU, Linda for the inspiration!

I'd like to dedicate these cards to both Jared
and Alexander.
May you two little ones keep on fluttering by as free as butterflies can be...

Card Deets:
Stamps: 'Patterned Bugs' by Inkadinakdo clear stamp set (inside of card)
PSK F-2843 Sentiment (inside of card)
Ink: Night of Nvy,Naja Breeze, Cerainly Celery
Card Stock: Night of Navy, White
Designer Paper from Costco
Accessories: Butterfly big dye (SU) ,swiss dot CB folder,white satin ribbon,silver cord, pearls,
paper doilies,glitter, glue pen,crystal effect
Tecnique: dry embossing, kissing tecnique, 3-D


The following is a beautiful poem I saw at Vancouver Children Hospital many many years ago, while our little grandson Alexander was fighting for his life...It was hung on a wall on the way to the chapel and each word was beautifully and lovely stitched ,surely it was a labour of  much love.
Please feel free to read it, or not...
                                                  A Child Loaned
"I'll lend you for a little time A child of Mine." He said. "For you to love the while he lives And mourn for when he's dead. It may be six or seven year Or twenty-two or three But will you, till I call him back Take care of him for Me? He'll bring his charms to gladden you And should his stay be brief, You'll have his lovely memories As solace for your grief.
 I cannot promise he will stay Since all from Earth return, But there are lessons taught down there I want the child to learn. I've looked this wide world over In my search for teacher's true, And from the throngs that crowd life's lanes, I have selected you; Now will you give him all your love, Nor think the labour vain Nor hate Me when I come to call And take him back again? I fancied that I heard them say:
"Dear Lord, Thy will be done, For all the joy Thy child shall bring, For the risk of grief we'll run. We'll shelter him with tenderness, We'll love him while we may, And for the happiness we've known, Forever grateful stay. But should the angels call for him Much sooner than we planned, We'll brave the bitter grief that comes And try to understand."     
Anonymous

5 comments:

:: BlueInks :: said...

Ms P, these are the prettiest cards! I love both the inside and outside. You really went all out. Linda, will love them. Super job!!!!

Linda said...

What a beautiful card and your sweet words. From the bottom of my heart Thank You.

Linda

Anonymous said...

These are lovely Paola! The colors are perfect and since butterflies are favorites of mine - well - divine!

Lauren said...

Beautiful. Beautiful sentiment to finish and so true. Love the card, wonderful colour and love the touch of sparkle!!

Carol W said...

What a beautiful job you did on these cards and the poem at the end is a tear jerker for sure...I love it though...I had read it and copied it a long time ago and I think it is so true...I think one should read this daily to remind us how fragile life is and to also remind us to stop and take a little extra time with the little lives that the good lord has entrusted us with...thanks for the beautiful reminder and the beautiful card to match...wonderful job my sweet friend...♥♥♥