Search This Blog

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Calendar Girl~~~July's challenge


*Click on any pictures if you wish to enlarge*
 Well folks, it's that fun time of the month again...
-------> CALENDAR GIRLS' time that is <--------
Who are the Calendar Girls?
In Jeanette's words (she's the leader who's started it all...) : "We are a group of bloggers who want to have a place where friendships blossom, creativity abounds, and encouragement prevails! In keeping with that dream, this blog group has been created so we will have a place to interact and enjoy being fellow bloggers."

Miss July's hostess is Michelle.
...and she gave us a free for all and any theme we wanted to pursue!
But.....there is a catch,oh yeahh!!
All cards needed to be created using anything BUT a STAMPED IMAGE (sentiments are okay).
Examples would be punch art, stickers, embellishments, patterned paper, what ever we chose.

For this challenge, I decided to add my own background using one of the floral CB folders I like, and brush it with a couple of ink pads to add some color,  giving it a 'wild' brushed effect....
I also cut out a couple of butterflies ,using my Big Shot, then I stenciled
them in using a Q-tip and colored chalks before adding some sponging and stickles to them.













Lastly I added some grosgrain dotted ribbon, a big flower brad and trimmed the bottom using a Martha Steward punch. Applied the card's  front to some old olive c/s and taped it all on bazzill.
I like the end result and love this color combos...a bit too 'wild and busy ' yes...but that surely reflects me :o)
Hopefully YOU like it as well....:o)
Thank YOU Michelle for the wonderful challenge..I like it when I have to think 'outta-da-box'!! :o)


Have a WONDERFUL day and please come back tomorrow as the INTERNATIONAL INKERS will display their card kits for this month ... *Canada is hosting!!*... and guess who's giving away this month card kit on her blog??? *wink* I think YOU guessed it right...*wink & smile*
~~*Paola*~~

7 comments:

MiamiKel said...

Holy Hanna, would you look at this!! What a bright burst of color on your blog today! (you know that makes me happy, lol! Love me some color!) This is over the top smashing! Love all the different texture and elements you have going on - no need for anything else, it's just stunning as is and you totally nailed this month's challenge! Wooooohoooo! xoxo

Carol W said...

Way to go my sweet friend...you rocked this for sure...not one stamped image on this card but boy oh boy there is fun, fun, fun written all over it...great job on this challenge...you totally rocked this and your masterpiece gives one plenty of "wonderful" to explore and look at...love this...great job Sweet P....♥♥♥

Terry Ladwig said...

Wowsers!! This sure is pretty! I love what you did with the ink and CB folder! I have never tried that with more than one color...it's great!!

You sure know what you're doing in the stamping world! Love it ♥

April said...

This is so freaking amazing!! I love, love LOVE it!

:: BlueInks :: said...

Such pretty colors! The butterflies are amazing. Great job on this challenge, Ms P!

Lauren said...

Paola, this is A W E S O M E and some more!!! I love the emboss with inks, great!! I love what you did with the butterflies, they are my favs and very great on your card. Everything is just perfect on this card, I love it, I am going to scraplift it!!!! Hugs

dweatter said...

Sweet P this card is so stunning. You are so clever and creative. I want to stamp just like you when I grow up. Wonderful idea...the cuttlebug folder and beautiful colors!