Search This Blog

Monday, July 25, 2011

Calendar Girls~~~JUNE~~~~


*Click on any pictures if you wish to enlarge*
 Well, I have finally uploaded my June creation for the Calendar Girls challenge.
I ment to post this project way sooner...truth is that even though I took a huge craft bag full of anything imaginable for crafting, with me during our camping holiday, I never had a chance to even open my 'bag of tricks'...
My very sweet friend Carol  was the wonderful hostess for last month's challenge, and here's what she asked us to do:

1. Make a card or a 3D item or whatever you would like and base it around something that you enjoy doing or plan on doing this summer...ex: a vacation, camping, family picnic, swimming, family reunion....you get the idea...

2. Write a short ditty about why you like or are looking forward to the theme you have on your card, when you post...

3. Now since here in the US Memorial day is at the end of May and the 4th of July is at the beginning of July and June is smack dab in the middle of two holidays that honor our nations heros....I would like for you to send your card to either a soldier or a resident in a nursing home...(Sweet P I know you don't live in the states but I do know you love and honor the elderly and your nations heros as well)...I think that there are so many people that have shaped our lives and have stood up to protect us all... often these people are forgotten....so if you choose to take the 3rd part of this challenge (Optional of course)...you will certainly put a smile on someones face that will certainly appreciate it...

Well, it was no brainer for me what I was mostly going to do over the summer, and I even had a plan for my card as soon as I saw the posted challenge...:o)
My truck and trailer  images were already colored and cut out before I took off  for camping...all I needed to do was finishing the card  sometimes during the holidays...well you already know that IT never did happen! :/ Too busy being adventurous and having fun with my hubby and my friends.

Somehow my perspective for my card shifted from my original plan...Now I wanted to make something totally diferent, to either frame or to put inside a shadow box with the addition of some mini pine cones or anything else it may remind me of the great camping experience,especially at Jasper (Alberta) where our awesome and huge campsite overlooked a very pristine, beautiful , serene meadow where every single day we were blessed by seeing some form of wildlife , mainly momma elks and their babies , gophers and squirrels right in front of us, only a few meters away... :o)

For this theme,I looked forward
to try and recapture that beautiful , peaceful looking meadow,trying to incorporate a forest's scene and my love for camping...the outdoors,
the nature that surround us...
Also tried the masking tecnique for the very first time...
and yes...I do need a LOT of more practise, but at least it's a start...







Once I frame this project, I will take it to my Dad and reminisce about Jasper again with him as he does still have
some memories of that place. My Mom tells me he used to really love it...probably that is the reason  why I love Jasper so much too.
A place I will definelty like go back to again, same campsite, same meadow...

THANK YOU CAROL ... this was an AWESOME theme indeed and I thoroughly enjoyed giving it my own interpretation :o)

I 'm hoping that you, my  followers and friends , like it as well~~~
Looking forward to read your comments and suggestions :o)
~ GOD BLESS YA!~
~Paola~

**Please Note: Will post all deets tomorrow!!**

5 comments:

April said...

Gorgeous!! Just like you!!

Hope you are feeling the love and prayers we are all sending your way (everyday, but especially today)

dede leoncedis said...

ma guarda chi trovo, gironzolando per caso! un bacione grande Paola carissima

Carol W said...

Great job my sweet friend...I am sure your dad will enjoy this card and it will bring back many memories for him...It is awesome and you did a wonderful job...isn't it funny though how the best laid plans......(It happens to me all of the time)...I am soooooo happy you are my friend and we get to work together on these projects...I hope you are doing ok and are healing and feeling better...big hugs to you .....♥♥♥

Judy McMullen said...

Beautiful! Love your interpretation of the theme and as soon as I saw your card I knew it reflected your trip to the Jasper area of Alberta...Outstanding. Your dad is going to love this!!!

Terry Ladwig said...

WPSistah...that card is so stinkin cute!! It makes me think about the big trip you took and wishing I could have been there too ☺

You really did a great job (as always)!!!!

Hugs to you!!!