Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Fresh, Springy and.....punchy :o)


This simple fresh looking card was made for todays challenge posted in my 'Punch Art' swap on SCS. Every Tuesday we have a new challenge and partecipants have until midnight on Thursday to make and show their creations...we call this T-DAY ♥
This week's hostess is April and she challenged us to make a card using the criterias listed below....I encourage you to check her beautiful card here:
http://aprilsalley.blogspot.com/2012/02/just-little-punchy.html

In April's own words:
"...I would like you to take a non-border punch and use it to make a border. Think out of the box...it doesn't need to be a traditional border, but some sort of divider between papers, cards stocks, or layers..."


I started selecting a couple pieces from my designer papers scrap pile and came up with these two, just perfect for what I had in mind....


I thought this simple card looked simply cute as is, I even finally got to ink that cute stamp I had like forevahhh.....but wait to see it with all the lil punched out circles serving as a cute frame for this sweet lil flowery immie.....


See?? It completely transformed the look of the pretty card  ♥
I just added some stickles to the
flowers' crown to make them sparkly and voila'!....Card is now completed...
.... and I LOVE IT!!!


Thank YOU for stopping by and check this out....I hope you like it too ....
I, for sure, will never look at my scrap pile the same way as before discovering
this, and many other ways to create with some useful punches....♥
Thanks for visiting...have a GREAT blessed day on this LEAP DAY of the year!!!

14 comments:

April said...

This is wonderful! I love how you transformed the card from a basic panel to WOW!

You certainly came through on this challenge and I was happy to "think" it up!

BLJ Graves Studio said...

Such a great way to use up the scraps. Fabulous!

:: BlueInks :: said...

Very creative, Ms P!

I really like that image and how you colored and sparkled it.

Your border idea was a good one!

Margaret said...

Wow! That's a lot of punching, but a really cute card.

Darlene said...

Well, lookie here!! Loving those circles and all the sparkly accents! Very clever to make a border out of the circles! Love the colors and the daisies too!

Melina said...

This is so pretty Sweet P! I LOVE circles! love this cute frame! :)

Rosie Gustafson said...

What a wonderful Spingy card! Love it.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love your pretty flowers- and the great frame- I am very visual, so always love seeing 'how to's'!!! Welcome to the Stamp Addicts group!

paige said...

Sweet image and very clever how you framed it! Welcome to SA!

Kerry said...

Great spring flower image! Love the frame you created...thanks for the inspiration! :)

jimlynn said...

Oh I LOVE it!!! So different and very, very cute! Love the way you framed this out and with that adorable image!
Lynn

Judy McMullen said...

Wow! You rocked this challenge, Sweet P, with this gorgeous punched circles border. Those circles are awesome with the glittery images. Beautiful focal flower image too!

Samantha said...

love the circle frame and the glitered centers

kadie said...

ooooo, fantastic job with that punch border challenge!! I LOVE seeing all your creative ideas!!