Search This Blog

Friday, February 28, 2014

~Fabric Galore time Four ~ ♥




    ~ ♥ Hello Everyone!
It is the 28th of the month and that means it's Calendar Girls Time!!
Yupppp!!...time for a new challenge and this month there is FABRIC at the core!
I had soooooo much fun creating these FOUR cards for this challenge...truth be known I
perused the SCS site to get ideas and finding some mojio too.....(quite lacking lately!!)
Well, it turned out that I didn't even tap in my 'casing' folder for this challenge after all...;o) 

On to the challenge: our hostess this month was Kelly and this is what she came up with...something totally innovative and such a great, fabulous idea to guarantee hours of FUN!!

In Kelly own words:

"February's Challenge is Fancy Schmancy Fabulous Fabric!
That’s right – we’re getting fancy this month with .... Fabric!
I thought we’d shake things up a bit and try something we haven’t done before and create with fabric – fabric scraps – fabric flowers, panels, and/or the whole card! Think flowers, trees, houses, even holiday ornaments, etc –
the choice is yours BUT ....
You cannot stamp your cards this month!
You may use a sentiment as a compliment to your card but the fabric (or fabric ‘element’) must be the focal point of your card."


 


 For my first card (see pj bear on very top) I used a thin cotton fabric with background of red/mixed with black abstract prints. The bear and the moon are cut out from cotton flannel fabric. The stars are repurposed cut offs from the side punched yellow panel strip.

For the second card I let the fun goofy image speak for itself. Happy faces fabric is flannel cotton. Can't help smiling at such 'grinning' card. Clean and simple too :o)


This third card,shown above, is quite to the point for a sport enthusiastic...I had no sentiment for it so I hand printed one right on the base of the card....
The last card ,below, is the most detailed one of the four. The background panel of blue/white light cotton fabric turned out stunning with the added embossed white middle panel and a cut out strip of ribbon made from the fabric itself. Added pearls and side hearts complete this shabby-schick monochromatic look. I know I will be making more similar to this one for sure, as it is quite fitting to give away for many different occasions. ...



 Below are the samples of fabric I chose to use for the making of my four cards.
I am very fortunate that I can access to any of the leftover fabric bins ,in sewing class , 
at my school which are basically leftovers from students' sewing projects...
I may even surprise the ones whose fabric I used, by gifting them with a card made from their own leftover material. Yup, I think I may just do that! ♥





 FUN, FUN, FUN FEBRUARY FABULOUS FABRIC~LICIOUS  THEME!!
       ♥♥♥  THANK YOU KELLS!!  ♥♥♥




                                              







                            GOOD NIGHT EVERYONEEE
               2:30 am here and TGIF!!!! ♥ *grinnnn* :o)

9 comments:

:: BlueInks :: said...

Um, someone was SEW busy! Four cards....that look great!

I really like how you used each fabric just perfectly to feature the size of the print/imprint. You had great ideas that came to fruition on your cards.

Thanks, for sharing!

Barb said...

WOW Paola--4 cards! You rocked the challenge this month.

Love all of them and I am sure the recipients will think it is wonderful that you created a card back to them!

MiamiKel said...

Get out!!!! Ding ding you win for the most brilliant use of fabric and creativity!! Oh. My. Stars!! These are the cutest ever and so clever and unique!! Gahhhhhh!! Brilliance!!!

I had to laugh trying to find your blog via phone .. I got that's amore songs, restaurants and foods hee hee!

Blessings to you, calendar girl sistah!! ❤️

Carol W said...

You clever girl...what a great source for fabric. Great cards all four of them...wow, (4 cards). I think it is a wonderful idea to give the cards to the people whose scraps they were. Boy, oh boy will they be surprised and HAPPY too... you really rocked this challenge....way to go sweet friend...♥

kiwimeskreations said...

Sweet P these are stunning - what innovative use of the fabrics and gorgeous cards that are sew bright and cheerful!
Blessings
Maxine

Darlene said...

HOLY COW LADY - These cards are so wonderful!!!

I kept scrolling, as I viewed each one I said, "Yep, that's my favorite!" Then I would see the next one and - bang! A new favorite! LOL

Very creative and I'm sure that your students will love to receive these gems. Hugs!

April said...

You embraced this challenge and ran with it! I am jealous of your creativity!

What wonderful examples of fabric fun!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh my goodness... not one fabric focused card but multiples, each one just as perfectly beautiful as the others. Love the way you embraced Kelly's theme and did such an excellent job creating!

Terry Ladwig said...

4 cards?? Great job on this challenge and great way to use the fabric you chose!!

You outdid yourself this month!! Kudos to you!!