~~Hello Darling Peeps,
Here we are...it is the 15th of the month and, as such, we are 'battling our duels' !
This month's hostess are Jeanette (for us Dazzlers) and Kelly (for the Divas). We Dazzlers received a beautiful kit which included adorable images from Penny Black. Aren't these hedgehogs cute? ♥
This picture to the right shows the inside of my card. I chose to leave it without a sentiment, for now....
perhaps at a later date I will include
a Birthday sentiment as one of my friend, who happens to be a teacher,
will celebrate her special day soon...
I think she would rather like this card....
Above is a close up of the sweet image ...
I just love PB stamped images!
On my card, I rounded the edges on the right corner, as a tribute to Jeanette, from whom I learned this simple, yet lovely tecnique....Thanks Jeanette for being such an inspiration, and for the wonderful kit received!
As part of some extra fun, we were requested to add a *Tutti Frutti*
recipe, and I decided to include the one I learned from Cooking class, at my school...simple and easy but ohhhhh soooo goooddd!!
EMPANADAS (serves 2-3)
5 mL baking powder
125 mL lard
100 mL cold water, approx.
1 mL salt 25 mL icing sugar
125 mL apple pie filling (I make my own)
3 mL cinnamon1 mL nutmeg
approx. 1 mL allspice25 mL icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 ºF.
- Sift flour to measure. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, salt and baking powder.
- Cut in lard with a pastry blender until it resembles small peas.
- Sprinkle _water over flour mixture, raking with a fork. Gather to make a stiff dough. Knead dough 2-3 times just to hold together.
- Roll dough to .3 cm thick Cut out sixteen circles (9 cm diameter) using a custard cup and sharp knife.
- Fill center of each circle with about teaspoon of pie filling. Moisten edges with water and fold dough in half Crimp edges with a fork to seal.
- Place on parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.*Dust empanadas with the sugar mixture while they are still hot!*♥ ENJOY!! ♥