Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

September 2015 Dueling Darlings ~ New Beginning~


~~Hello Darling Peeps,
Here we are...it is the 15th of the month and, as such, we are 'battling our duels' ! 
This month's hostess are Jeanette (for us Dazzlers) and Kelly (for the Divas). We Dazzlers received a beautiful kit which included  adorable images from Penny Black. Aren't these hedgehogs cute? ♥



 This picture to the right shows the inside of my card. I chose to leave it without a sentiment, for now....
perhaps at  a later date I will include
a Birthday sentiment as one of my friend, who happens to be a teacher,
will celebrate her special day soon...
I think she would rather like this card....

Above is a close up of the sweet image ...
I just love PB stamped images!


On my card, I rounded the edges on the right corner, as a tribute to Jeanette, from whom I learned this simple, yet lovely tecnique....Thanks Jeanette for being such an inspiration, and for the wonderful kit received!

As part of some extra fun, we were requested to add a *Tutti Frutti*
recipe, and I decided to include the one I learned from Cooking class, at my school...simple and easy but ohhhhh soooo goooddd!!


EMPANADAS (serves 2-3)

375 mL sifted flour
5 mL baking powder
125 mL lard
100 mL cold water, approx.
1 mL salt 25 mL icing sugar
125 mL apple pie filling (I make my own)

Topping:
3 mL cinnamon
1 mL nutmeg
approx. 1 mL allspice
25 mL icing sugar

  1. Preheat oven to 400 ºF.
  2. Sift flour to measure. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, salt and baking powder.
  3. Cut in lard with a pastry blender until it resembles small peas.
  4. Sprinkle _water over flour mixture, raking with a fork. Gather to make a stiff dough. Knead dough 2-3 times just to hold together.
  5. Roll dough to .3 cm thick Cut out sixteen circles (9 cm diameter) using a custard cup and sharp knife.
  6. Fill center of each circle with about teaspoon of pie filling. Moisten edges with water and fold dough in half Crimp edges with a fork to seal.
  7. Place on parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
      *Dust empanadas with the sugar mixture while they are still hot!*

                                                ♥  ENJOY!! ♥

 

4 comments:

Judy McMullen said...

Wow! What a fantastic card, Paola! Love the rounded corner technique you used...So perfect for setting off all those gorgeous dsp panels and the darling image panel. And that cute image and how you colored it is awesome!! Love the sparkly red stone and apple and ribbon embellishment...Just the right touch!! OH, that empanada recipe sounds so delish! Thanks for sharing!!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love your sweet card- the rounded corners are wonderful! And, your coloring is great and the banner too I was inspired by Jeanette too- finishing the innerds! Fun to join you as a Dazzler!

kiwimeskreations said...

Gorgeous card Paola. Love your use of dp and the fabulous banners protruding to the left, in total contrast to the soft rounded corner are stunning. Oh that recipe sounds divine!!
Blessings
Maxine

Tracie said...

Such a cute card. I love how you used each element for your design. I definitely want to try your recipe. Sounds delicious.